Friday, June 5, 2009

B


Well, it seems like forever since i logged in to blog in and that makes me feel a bit overwhelmed now. Catching up is hard to do. You can't catch up on sleep for instance, and if you miss a dose of meds, you should wait till the next one is due, and though you can make up time if you leave late by speeding, this is dangerous and unlawful :)

But as a mom reporting about my life with the baby, i suppose i can maybe so some catching up, if I can remember at all what has happened since my guy returned from his trip to MN with Mama. MN was fun for my peanut, he enjoyed seeing his grandma and grandpa, and his little cousin. But I guess he didn't sleep as well, and he nursed more, and as a result, we are still getting back into a sleep routine that works and he gets sad in the morning if he doesn't get to nurse (which is most mornings). He gets over it, but asks often even as we go about our morning, eating breakfast and taking care of the dog.


This is what a calm moment in our typical morning looks like. Notice Winnie waiting for yummy food to drop.So what's going on for the baby? He's running faster than ever, has dropped down to one nap a day. wants to be outside all the time, and calls almost everything that starts with the letter "b" (and even some tings that don't) "B?" or "B!"
For banana, he says "B!" and signs for banana....but for other words we have to interpret what he means. B is for baby, balloon, boob (though we don't call them that), belly (though lately, he's calling it a "bee be", um, what else, window, bird, book, bed, bath...you name it. it's um, a bit of a challenge. A good one that i love, but a challenge none-the-less. Especially since this guy is very active, spirited and busy. Oh, and most of you who read this know very little about me, but the truth of the matter is, I'm slow...I take my time. So he gets his speed from Mama and his donor. Not from me or my nurturing influence. He gets annoyed and screams sometimes if we don't know what "B???!!" he means.

on a side note, mamas, mommies, babas, memes, mimis, and dads out there, I recommend a great singer we recently discovered. Check out Justin Roberts. Man is he fun. As I've been blogging this, I've had his "everything else starts with e" song in my head.
Other language victories are his mastery of the word "no". He says it, and knows what we mean when we say it AND he knows that yes or "ya" is the opposite of "no". We've been trying to say no less, since he says it so very much now, but it's hard when he's getting into everything to remember how to talk in full sentences.

Well, I've taken up enough of your time.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well he sure is a cutie. And yes it is overwhelming to catch up isn't it. I realized the other day I haven't written in the baby book in a long time and wanted to cry!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment on our blog. Such a cute baby!!!