Monday, November 30, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
today was so hard it felt like a monday. to top it off, it rained all night making my poorly designed bus commute home quite soggy, and annoying. without going into detail, I'll just say that sometimes things come up at work that are difficult to address and they become a headache for me. What I dislike --oh come on, Sarah-- what I hate the most is when an emergency comes up at 4 and i have to fix it before i go. many of you who read this might be thinking i have a poor work ethic. I might. I might. But that's only because I want to be home with my fam. But at any rate, I did stay at work late and then I had my usual hour plus commute. got to see the peanut for about 40 minutes before bedtime.
Monday, November 23, 2009
As the weekend comes to a close, and I sit here, sleeping baby in bed with the start of a cold, Sleeping partner on the couch, surrounded by clean but not folded laundry, i wish we had another weekend that started tomorrow. Alas.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
- need some ideas? ask your kids, tell me your dream monster, think of a ridiculous combination (cat-horse or, um, elephant-fish --you know a fishaphant)
- what the hecks a softie?
- where's peanut? you're sweet to ask. asleep right now, but here he was in a leaf pile.
1. Comment on this post and leave a detailed suggestion for a softie, for ex.: "wow sarah! I'm so excited about this giveaway that I wet my pants. Please make a rhino, a pink one."
2. if you Follow me that will give you 1 MORE entry. (but only if you comment. I wont know what to make you, otherwise.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
E's friend P turned 3
Monday, November 9, 2009
Serving Size: 1 pastry
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Folic Acid (Folate)||10%|
Est. Percent of Calories from:
|Fat 22.5% Carbs 72.0%|
yeah, and in case you're wondering, I ate 2 at a time. 2.
Sorry for the boring post.
I just wanted to declare tomorrow the start of no more pop tarts. Stay tuned for updates of my success and struggles!!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
what order are these in? Stream of consciousness order, of course.
- i have never lived anywhere more than 8 years
- i was born in buffalo NY
- i have a lot of 22's in my birthday. 12-22 at 22:22 hours
- i think the 22 thing is pretty cool
- i lived in germany for 3 years when i was a kid
- i have been mistaken for a boy many times
- i have been mistaken for a grandma 3 times
- i would rather be mistaken for a boy anytime
- i consider myself a poet though i don't write poems anymore
- i used to play the flute
- i fantasized of being famous until we had our baby
- i didn't wear a bra for about 3/4 of my twenties
- i used to drink a lot of gin and tonics
- when i was little, i cried a lot
- i used to live on an island
- i was a drum major for my marching band
- one year, at band camp is and introductory phrase which applies to me
- i wish i didn't look so old
- i love positive reinforcement
- 3 of the places i lived are actually vacation spots: Germany, Outer Banks of NC, Niagara Falls
- i used to work on a farm
- i was in the army reserves for 8 years
- my father was my recruiter
- my favorite dog breed is Mix, then english shepherd, then toller, then shiba inu
- i have run in one full and two half marathons
me carving a face for my pumpkin
It was awhile ago now, but we hit the apple orchard this year. It was tons of fun. We always go with my mom and sisters. This year it was super cold and we went to a place in Wisconsin called Apple Holler. A hootin tootin good time if also a bit expensive and commercial. Still, it was one of those times that was super fun, and it's always nice to have a good time with my family, since that isn't always the case. Peanut loves my mom, and she's a good cha cha (that's her grandma name), but her mothering leaves something to be desired. I've mentioned it before so I won't go into it now. We all know I will mention it again as the holiday season approaches and I grow stressed from it.
I love apple orchard day though. It kind of brings out the best of us all. We come together, pick together, try to stay warm together, enjoy the crisp sweet taste of apples and the warm sugary taste of apple donuts together. This year, peanut was so mobile and loved eating his apples. I think this warmed my mother's heart. Whatever happens, whatever ugly passes between us, I like that we have this. A healthy fall day to celebrate harvest, the earth and going forward. We got a lot of apples that day, but since peanut is an apple or 2 a day kinda guy, and i am a apple or two a day kinda mommy, they are all already gone. So we are back to buying them from Trader Joes.
Here are some pictures from the day.