Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Missed a Day...Oh well

Yesterday was a huge day for "people like me". This is a lesbian blog. I am a lesbian, but I am also a mother. So I am constantly thinking about the welfare of my family. I am a non biological mother. Again, this presents another set of concerns, scenarios, etc, that I worry about and over. What would happen if...insert catastrophic scenario. That said, I am lucky. My state allows civil unions AND 2nd parent adoptions. I am on my son's birth certificate. That means something and it was also something that Romney was trying to take away. Might have tried to take away, because he had a very limited model for understanding and accepting difference. Or he acted as if he did, which is the same.

I can say that I am relieved by the results of the elections and ballot initiatives...even really excited by them.  It was an historic and power day for glbt rights.

As a mom, yesterday was also a long day. Super long. When all was said and done, I was out of the house for over 12 hours. I had to drag e home in a light rain for 30 minutes because he was at a friend's house. It was a grueling day, but then I watched the returns with some friends and all gradually became a lot lighter and righter with the world.

Ok. Time to do some dishes or something.
Enjoy some pictures from election day 2012. 

waiting to vote with me
he was so good and patient, and quiet.
ruby couldn't watch...too nervous

No comments: